My career has been defined by innovative problem solving. In 1999, for instance, I built and launched an Internet community relations pilot for US West that is believed to be the first online PR program in American corporate history. I followed that up by establishing the Center for Digital Culture, a semi-autonomous research center that was the first American corporate-based think tank since the 1950s. In 2009 I uncovered a previously unrecognized 1031 exchange strategy that represented a market potential of $600 billion. These are just a few of the more prominent examples, but the bottom line is that I’m a whole-brain thinker who instinctively sees new opportunities and better ways of solving existing problems.
- Conceived, developed strategy and creative for innovative interactive program Volvo Cars North America PR leadership credited with making its Drive for Life Days one of the nation’s largest ever one-time fundraisers for local charity. The campaign generated over 100M media impressions and was the most successful promotion in company history. Engagement was exceptional: 400 managers at Volvo’s 350 retailers took the course and nearly 90% rated it as “effective” or “very effective.” (Read Case Study)
- Created first-of-its-kind online PR program for Fortune 150 telecom, driving 1400% increase in positive impressions. For the same company, built and ran first corporate-based think tank in the US since the 1950s, researching and publishing content devoted to social impact of emerging electronic media. (Read Case Study)
- Co-founder, VP of Content & Creative for mobile entertainment and consulting firm that achieved profitability in first year of existence. Primary ownership of all SMS and MMS channels as well as talent recruitment and management.
- Launched one of first branded Web sites in the world in April 1994. Founder and publisher of several online zines and blogs covering politics, popular culture, arts and literature, sports, business, photography and more. Extensive experience using social media to build audiences and promote content. Efforts have earned recognition in politics and business/marketing categories.
- Tax Services Provider: Rationale for IRS Code Policy Change
- Proposed Content for Retail Campaign: Branded BlitzFiction (first SMS program of its type in the world)
President, Gronstedt Group
We’ve been working with Sam for years and hope to be working with him for years to come. He’s a ‘whole-mind’ strategist who blends exceptional creativity with sheer analytical horsepower in a way that’s quite rare. This allows him to conceive and develop remarkably innovative solutions to the challenges facing his clients. A lot of consultants in the market talk about innovation and creativity, but Sam is somebody who has pioneered important trails. More importantly, he’s able to do things that are brand new and get results like he had a library of best practices to guide him.
VP of Business Development at Noteflight
Strategic thinker, wordsmith, thought-leader and new media wizard, Sam brings something to the party that no one else can. That is why, when my partner and I decided to start a business, Sam was the first person I called.
VP, Sales & Ad Operations at Pandora
Sam is a very smart guy who has a terrific combination of strategic and creative skills (think: left brain meets right brain). He is a solid business thinker who is innovative and comfortable with pushing new forward-thinking concepts. He is a great asset to have on any team.
Marketing Manager – Industrial Building Materials at Convenience Products; former National Sales Manager, Bayer MaterialScience and VP of Sales, NCFI Polyurethanes
Sam is one of the most creative thinkers I have ever met, not only on a professional level, but personally as well.
Adjunct Professor, Univ. of Pittsburgh; former Senior Strategist, Ripple Effects Interactive
Ripple Effects Interactive has worked with Sam and RazzberrySync to introduce mobile marketing to our clients. Sam not only brings a tremendous knowledge and experience base to the table, but adds an element of strategic insight that’s difficult to find. Whether it’s understanding your audience, organizational dynamics or market challenges, Sam can take it all in and create strategy that’s tailored to the realities of your environment.